Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Safari themed Shower for Little Baby VanGosen

Ok so it has been a really long time since I have lasted blog but I wanted to share this cute safari themed baby shower dessert table that I did for my good friends Marty and Janice. I also made there gender reveal cake a little while ago so if you missed that be sure to check it out.  
 
The theme for the baby shower was safari and the colors were green, yellow, and brown. I based the cake of the cute invites that were sent out and then tried to keep all the desserts in the same theme. For the dessert table I made chocolate covered Oreos, animal print cake pops, apple pie pops, and zebra cakes. (Ok so I didn't make the zebra cakes but I enhanced them and they fit the theme so a win in my book).
 

 
I love the way the animal print cake pops turned out!


 
Full disclosure I put Janice to work wrapping her own baby letters in yarn, but hey that's what friends are for right? I was really cursing the B's the night before the party but I completed them and think all the letters turned out great. I hope they keep those letters forever because they were a labor of love.

\
I think this little zebra is my favorite!
Here is the sweet invite the cake was based on.

 
Momma and Daddy to be!
 
So of course my gift had to incorporate cupcakes. Hopefully this little girl will like to bake and I can put her to work for me.

Congrats Marty and Janice! I can't wait to meet you little one!

No comments: