Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Little Southern Gentleman Shower

I am so excited to share this Little Southern Gentleman baby shower with all of you because it is in celebration of my new nephew Finnegan James! We chose Little Southern Gentleman because Daddy to be loves lots of things about the South including the southern charm. So what better way to welcome this new little one into the family then with a little southern charm. We focused mostly on bow ties and mustaches to tie into the theme. I will break this party into two parts since I have so many great pictures to share. First up the details of the party.
 
 
 As guest entered a strict dress code was enforced to make sure they were looking their best!
 
 
Guest were also encouraged to sign a book for Finnegan so that he may have it as a keepsake later.
 

 

Instead of normal baby shower games I decided on activities where everyone could participate. I had two stations set-up that included a bow tie making station and a onesie making station. 
 
Guests could decide on a stencil or free hand a design onto a onesie that Finn could wear later.

Guests could make their own no sew bow ties to keep or to give to Finn.

 
After finishing a onesie they were hung for display on a clothesline. 
 
 
 
For favors guests took home little onesie and mustache cookies!
 

For drinks we decided to serve Lemonade and Sweet Tea to tie in with our Southern theme. 
 
I love the way the mason jars turned out!

The food included all things southern and it was a big hit!


 
 
My mom made the baby carriage fruit bowl and I think it looked so cute on the table! I love anything that will tie a party together!
 
Doesn't all that food look delicious!
 
For desserts I chose to make three smaller cakes with different toppers and then desserts that were Southern in theme. The desserts included mustache cake pops, mini apple pies on a stick, chocolate and strawberry mousse shooters, and chocolate chip cookies with a shot of milk. I must say I am really happy with the way the desserts turned out! Usually the desserts are my only focus but since I was putting together this whole party I had to downscale the dessert table a bit but I am still happy with how it looked!







 

 
The mustache cake pops were a huge hit!


 
 
Lastly, to include the big brother to be in the festivities I made him this shirt that says "If you mustache I am the big brother". This is the best picture I could get of him wearing it (I told him to put his hands up so I could read the shirt) but I think he really liked it and I know he had a blast at the party!
 
Here is a sneak peak of the parties festivities to come. Isn't he the cutest? He will be the best big brother ever!
 
Stay tuned for the next post were I will share the big surprise as Mommy and Daddy show up and the party in full swing!
 
All of the signage was done by me with the exception of a few free pieces I got from Catch my Party. I basically used their signage as the jumping off point and then added my own signage pieces to their already wonderful collection. All other decor and desserts we done by us Sweet Eats Cakes.  If you are interested in throwing your own Little Man party please check out my Pinterest board for lots of great ideas and tutorials.

No comments: