Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beers and Baltimore 30th Birthday

I wanted to share a recent birthday that I had the pleasure of being a part of. My good friend Steve turned the big 3-0 last weekend, ( that means I'm getting closer too ahhh) so we threw a party in his honor. His girlfriend Gina told me that I could do whatever I wanted for his cake. We decided on a Baltimore theme since Steve likes to go to both the Raven and the Orioles games.

 Since we just recently made a crab basket I decided to make this one a bit different by making it looked like it was spilling out crabs. We then added everything Baltimore including Old Bay, a Ravens hat, a Natty Boh bottle and everything you would find to eat at a sporting event. We made a scoreboard with his birthday as the score and 30 as the time. We also made the board look like a football field with 30 in the middle. i love how this cake turned out overall.

I must confess that we ran out of time so we put real popcorn in the popcorn bucket. however the sweet of the cake and salty of the popcorn tasted really good together!

 Steve cutting his cake!
 Everyone enjoying the cake.

 My poor cake after everyone dug into it. i must say it is a little sad to see all your hard work destroyed, but that it the reason I do this so people can enjoy it.
I hope you liked your cake Steve, and had a very happy birthday!

P.S. In case you are wondering sugar bottles do break over peoples heads!

No comments: