Monday, August 15, 2011

Hawaiian Luau

This past weekend I had the pleasure of making a Hawaiian themed cake for a friend's bridal shower. If you have ever attended a party where you made the cake then you know it can be pretty stressful to relax, and stop worrying about the cake. However, the cake made it there in one piece, and I was able to relax after it was stacked and standing.

I wanted to incorporate as many elements from Hawaii as I could on this cake, and also make it super fun. This was the first time that I used my Silhouette machine to cut-out fondant details for the cake. It worked really well, and I was happy with the outcome. I will say that using the Silhouette probably took just as long as it would have if I had cut the designs by hand, however I liked the clean cuts the machine gave. Plus I can use it in the future to match scroll work or other aspects of brides invitations.  So on with the cake!


I wrote their initials in the "sand".
 I dusted the bottom tier sky and top tier sunset by hand using petal dust colors.   


Here is the set-up at the party! Notice the cookies, more on those in a later post.
Bride and Groom!
Cutting the cake.
Toilet paper dress game!
Aloha!
I hope you enjoyed this Hawaiian themed party. Stay tuned for how I made the cake, hibiscus flowers, and cookies for this shower.

P.S. Our toilet paper dress won! Can you guess which one it is?

No comments: